Sunday, January 30, 2011

Autism and Asthma don't mix!

This last week has been horrible. My son had a asthma attack in the middle of the night and we finally got it calmed down and little sleep was had that night. 

I realize that normal kids have this issue to, but when a child has autism they don't express themselves very well.  My son can usually say he's sick, but that's only when his ears hurt or throat hurts.  The asthma thing
is a difficult thing to express for him!  Geez wish I had a warning sign besides wheezing and then it's gone to far.  Sometimes his nose runs, but usually not.

We have been explaining his asthma to him for years and he can't usually tell us it's his asthma.  Ugh, wish that Autism didn't have problem social traits issues, cause then he could tell us about it.

My wish is that someday he will just say that, "It's my asthma MOM!"

Autism is just hard some days, and I know that I have worked very hard to explain stuff over and over to them! Bert and Jav do understand alot, it expressing there feelings that are difficult alot.  Emotional times with them are interesting.....it takes time to understand what they want some days.  We have some behaviors that happen over and over and it makes me crazy at times, cause I just heard that story!

So, I remember that it takes time to break a habit or change a routine, so patients in my home runs thin at times.   We just continue to work with habits and routine on a daily basis.

Go out and do what you can and know others do what they can too.  Just do it in other words.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment