Sunday, May 22, 2011

Compassion!

Compassion
Optimism
Meaning
Potential
Awareness
Seriousness
Seclusion
Innocence
Occurances
Nonsense

Being compassionate about something means to grasp it and run with it. You believe in it, nuture it and hold the Optimism that it will grow.
Meaning is understanding it's lifes potential! We see how babies with in us grow and outside of us grow some more.
Awareness is something that comes with time and understanding there are times of seriousness when there is a diagnosis at hand.
The diagnosis of Autism often puts you into seclusion within yourself. The child that has been diagnosed you look at them so innocent. Autism has taken them away. No words to tell you there needs or wants, how do we communicate now!
Rare occurances of mumble or sigh from your child and finally a friend says do sign language that will help. Nonscense I say how will that help him and me , I don't know. Learn it, learn it! Ok, I say. We did 30 signs later we could communicate. She was right and very compassionate about her job and my need to communicate with my son! What an amazing women!
She gave me hope & compassion to just be able to be with my son.

1 comment:

  1. Right on, Ronnie! Compassion makes the world a better place and people like you help spread it around.

    ReplyDelete